googlece71bfbeb686be97.html

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Skybike From Home

 by Robert L. Gisel


 Suppose you could get on your motorcycle and instead of just racing off down the road you could race up into the sky? Intriguing idea, eh? We are approaching a day when this can happen.

 Experimental flight craft have always fascinated me. I even worked out a design for VTOL flying car with a unique directional steering system. Since my Bush Pilot father used to land his helicopter in our back yard in Alaska, I have embraced the image where you can get in your vehicle and go, and I don't mean only down Route 66.

 Like John Travolta, I believe you should be able to take off from your driveway and head out for the sky. John built a home in Ocola Florida in a flying community with a private landing strip and a personal taxi strip to his house, where he parks his jets. His comment, "When I was a kid, I imagined that by the turn of the century everyone would have his own plane in the backyard."

 Having interest in experimental flight, I keep an ear out for other works that have real possibilities.Technology is bound to come up to speed sooner or later.


 Here is one flight craft I have come across, which I was surprised to find that a friend of mine has been developing.. Not just working on it, but nearing a prototype. This "flying bike" has been hammered into a pretty workable concept craft.

 The only aspect I would change is to make it electric. My invention for an electric vehicle will work fine on an aircraft like this, maybe even better, and would take wild and crazy all the way out. Especially if it could be made VTOL, or nearly so.

See it here: Sam Bousfield's Skybike

[]


Home  

[]

No comments: